After a salary dispute, Neve Campbell reveals she will not return for Scream 6




Neve Campbell recently issued a statement stating that she will not be returning for the sixth installment of the horror film franchise, ostensibly due to a pay dispute.

“Unfortunately, I will not be directing the next Scream picture,” she said in a statement to E! News on June 6.

“In my profession as a woman, I’ve had to fight really hard to show my worth, especially when it comes to Scream.” I believed that the offer made to me did not reflect the value I brought to the franchise.

While Neve, 48, continued, “It’s been a very difficult decision to move on” from Scream, she expressed her gratitude to the film’s fans, who have “always been so tremendously kind to me.”

“I’ll be eternally grateful to you and this franchise for everything they’ve given me over the last 25 years,” she said.

E! News has reached out to Paramount Pictures for comment, but has yet to get a response.

Since the movie came out in 1996, Neve has played Sidney Prescott, who, along with Courteney Cox and David Arquette, has tried to stop the murders of a masked suspect known as Ghostface.

According to Deadline, Paramount and Spyglass produced the fifth installment of Scream earlier this year, which grossed more than $140 million worldwide.

After that movie did well at the box office, the company announced that they would be making a sixth one.

After a salary dispute, Neve Campbell reveals she will not return for Scream 6

Shutterstock/Evan Agostini/Invision

In a joint statement released in February, Spyglass and Paramount remarked, “We are very grateful to the fans around the world who enthusiastically accepted our picture.”

“We’re excited for audiences to see what Radio Silence, writers Jamie & Guy, and Project X have in store for our Woodsboro family,” says the cast.