- A plane that President Donald Trump usually makes use of is scheduled to land in Scotland the day before Joe Biden’s inauguration, a Scottish newspaper reported.
- The Sunday Post reported that the US navy plane is scheduled to land at Prestwick Airport, shut to Trump’s Turnberry golf resort, on January 19.
- Multiple tales have immediate that Trump is planning to skip Biden’s inauguration to host a rival, attention-grabbing event on the equivalent time.
- However, a White House spokesman, Judd Deere, suggested Insider the president has “no plans” to go to Scotland together with: “anonymous sources who claim to know what the President is or is not considering have no idea. When President Trump has an announcement about his plans for Jan. 20 he will let you know.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for additional tales.
The White House has denied that President Donald Trump will fly to Scotland for Joe Biden’s inauguration following a report US navy plane the president usually makes use of is scheduled to land inside the nation the day before the event.
The Sunday Post, a weekly Scottish newspaper, reported US navy Boeing 757 was scheduled to land at Prestwick Airport — shut to the president’s Turnberry golf resort — on January 19, sooner or later before Biden’s inauguration in Washington, DC. The report fueled the speculation that the president plans to go away to the US for his luxurious Scottish golf resort considerably than attend Biden’s inauguration.
While White House spokesperson Judd Deere initially acknowledged Trump was not ready to announce his plans for January 20, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany later suggested Business Insider: “This is not accurate. President Trump has no plans to travel to Scotland.”
McEnany’s denial on Tuesday afternoon bought right here after Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon acknowledged that President Trump would not be permitted to go to the nation on account of COVID-19 restrictions cease non-essential journey there.
“We are not allowing people to come into Scotland, and that would apply to him just as it applies to anybody else,” Sturgeon suggested Scottish reporters on Tuesday. “And coming in to play golf is not what I would consider being an essential purpose.”
The president has used the plane on earlier journeys abroad, though a provide on the airport suggested the newspaper it is additional constantly utilized by the vice-chairman or the first lady.
A White House spokesman, Judd Deere, suggested Business Insider on Tuesday morning: “Anonymous sources who claim to know what the President is or is not considering have no idea. When President Trump has an announcement about his plans for Jan. 20 he will let you know.”
Trump visited his Turnberry resort as part of a wider European journey in 2018.
Sources at Prestwick Airport suggested The Post that US surveillance plane had flown above Turnberry in present weeks, together with to speculation a couple of presidential goes to.
Reports have immediate that Trump, who has refused to acknowledge Biden’s election victory and has claimed with out proof that the election was rigged in opposition to him, is planning to skip Biden’s inauguration.
Even if he would not journey to Scotland, he might very properly be planning to attempt to host a rival, attention-grabbing event on the equivalent time. That may complicate a lot of points, along with the change of the so-called nuclear soccer, a suitcase giving the president the means to conduct a nuclear strike.
Axios reported in December that Trump was considering a plan to fly in Air Force One to Florida, then deal with supporters at a rally held concurrently Biden’s inauguration.
And NBC News reported that Trump was considering saying a presidential run in 2024 on Inauguration Day.
Prestwick Airport did not immediately reply to Business Insider’s request for comment.