During the March 4 broadcast of Friday Night SmackDown, new matchups were added to the WrestleMania 38 schedule.
WrestleMania 38 is less than a month away, and on the March 4 broadcast of Friday Night SmackDown, two additional matches were added to the schedule.
The night began with Sami Zayn defending his Intercontinental Championship against Ricochet, who had recently won it.
When the Jackass theme song played on the arena sound system and his opponent Johnny Knoxville strolled down the ramp and stood on the ring apron, Zayn grew distracted. Knoxville ducked as Zayn aimed for a punch, allowing Ricochet to capitalize and win the match and the title.
Backstage, an enraged Zayn wreaked mayhem before gazing into the camera and challenging Knoxville to a WrestleMania match. Knoxville accepted later that night, and the match is on.
During his interview on “The Pat McAfee Show,” WWE Chairman Vince McMahon gave him a match, and SmackDown commentator Pat McAfee found out who his WrestleMania opponent would be.
Austin Theory went down the ramp, verbally thrashing McAfee, and announcing himself as his opponent. The theory then smacked McAfee across the face and exited the stage.
Following this week’s edition of SmackDown, here are the confirmed matches for WrestleMania 38.
Night One: Saturday, Apr. 2
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey
- Raw Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair
- The Miz and Logan Paul vs. Rey and Dominik Mysterio
- Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin
Night Two: Sunday, Apr. 3
- Winner Take All, Title Unification: Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs. WWE Champion Brock Lesnar
- Women’s Tag Team Championship: Carmella and Queen Zelina (c) vs. Sasha Banks and Naomi
- Johnny Knoxville vs. Sami Zayn
Matches with Unannounced Dates
- Edge vs. AJ Styles
- Pat McAfee vs. Austin Theory
Keep an eye on FanSided for all of your WWE, AEW, and Pro Wrestling coverage, including unique analysis, interesting angles, viral material, and more.