The 2022 GRAMMYS are over, but we’re still discussing all of the night’s top moments! The 2022 Grammys did not disappoint, from surprise winners and unfortunate losses to incredible performances and acceptance speeches.
Here are our picks for the best moments from the GRAMMYs this year:
1. Doja Cat Almost Missed Award Win Because She Was In The Restroom – After losing a few Grammy categories, it was understandable for Doja Cat to take a break from the festivities and go to the restroom—but as a result, she almost missed winning her first GRAMMY.
She delightfully revealed that she came extremely close to losing her moment because of a restroom visit as she went up to claim her prize for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance with SZA.
2. Jon Batiste Won Album Of The Year – The last award of the night is the most important at the GRAMMYs…
When it was announced that artist Jon Batiste had won Record of the Year, many fans and watchers were taken aback. Doja Cat, Silk Sonic, Billie Eilish, and Taylor Swift were all beaten out by the relatively unknown musician.
3. Jazmine Sullivan Wins First Grammy Award –It had been a long, arduous trip, but R&B queen Jazmine Sullivan finally received her GRAMMY moment after 15 losses. She won her first and second prizes during the presentation thanks to her chart-topping and critically praised album, “Heaux Tales.”
4. Silk Sonic swept the GRAMMYs with four awards. Unless you were living under a rock last year, you couldn’t go anywhere without hearing Silk Sonic’s melodious sounds and their huge single “Leave The Door Open,” which was responsible for them sweeping the GRAMMYs with four awards.
5. For “Peaches,” Justin Bieber collaborated with Giveon and Daniel Cesar—Justin Bieber, who is known for his catchy pop tunes, stunned the GRAMMYs crowd by opening with a slowed-down piano version of “Peaches” before being joined on stage by Giveon and Daniel Caesar.
6. Soja Won For Best Reggae Album — There are certain GRAMMY winners that leave you scratching your head, and Soja’s win for Best Reggae Album against the likes of Sean Paul and Spice set social media ablaze… and not in a good way.
7. H.E.R. Invited Lenny Kravitz and Travis Barker to Perform — During her Grammy performances, H.E.R. brought out a few special guests, including the renowned Lenny Kravitz and drummer Travis Barker, demonstrating her versatility.
8. Lil Nas X’s Performance: In his brief career in the music industry, Lil Nas X has already mastered the art of performance, and he brought that same vigor to the GRAMMYs as he performed “Industry Baby” with special guest Jack Harlow.